Field Service Technician – Level I
The Field Service Technician will report directly to the Service Manager-Americas and/or assigned Service Coordinator/Supervisor. The Field Service Technician works directly with Seakeeper’s service and warranty staff to provide support, field service, commissioning, and repairs for all Seakeeper products in the field.
The Field Service Technician will complete service case interventions after initial instruction from the Service Manager, Service Coordinator, or assigned supervisor. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact vessel builder, dealer, owner or operator and gather data and information relating to the case.
- Organize a list of all parts and tools needed to resolve the service case.
- Discuss shipping of parts/tools, if needed, to service location.
- Carry out gyro commissioning and service interventions in accordance with Seakeeper procedures.
- Complete service case reports.
- Write detailed service and commissioning reports in accordance with service protocols. Commissioning may include sea trials.
- Organize all data gathered for presentation to service and sales staff.
- Provide service and support for the Seakeeper demo boat and R&D fleets.
- Support team by answering any incoming calls or electronic communication and following up accordingly.
- Assist with inventory organization at assigned locations, including cycle counting and keeping inventory stocked, orderly, and labeled.
- Keep service tool kits clean and organized.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety, quality of work, personal presentation, vehicle presentation, and uphold the reputation of Seakeeper.
- Maintain company vehicle by completing a mileage log and submitting a copy monthly. Ensure that the service vehicle receives scheduled maintenance and service at the regular service intervals and is kept clean in appearance, inside and outside.
- Support Seakeeper at boat shows and trade shows as needed.
- File all expense reports regularly and in coordination with case completion or as directed.
- Save and organize all receipts for submission with expense reports.
- Carry out gyro commissioning or service intervention in accordance with Seakeeper’s procedures.
- Must be able to lift 70+ lbs.
- Must be able to drive extended distances, periodically up to 8 hours each way.
- Must be able to work in confined areas such as engine rooms, equipment spaces, and bilges on board various types of marine vessels. This includes climbing up/down ladders, stooping, bending, lying down and working in challenging conditions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualified candidates must have at a minimum a high school diploma. A technically relevant education/certification is desired, or 1-3 years related experience in the marine industry as a field or repair technician in the marine electrical/mechanical field.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- The candidate must have ability to obtain a valid passport, and be available for occasional travel up to 10%. Must be self-motivated, organized, and have superior customer service skills.
- Superior time management and multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential. Must have strong verbal skills and the ability to communicate professionally.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player, and be detailed oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills also desired.
- Qualified applicant must be professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible, well-organized, and maintain a positive work attitude.
- Must be able to work independently, gather and analyze information skillfully, and the ability to make sound, timely, and accurate judgments and provide supporting reasoning for decisions.
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL– USA
For questions regarding this position or to apply, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seakeeper, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seakeeper, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Seakeeper, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Seakeeper’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.