Role and Responsibilities
This individual is self-motivated. He or she must be detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects, while maintaining quality parts and efficient cycle times. He or she will need to be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blue prints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Ability to read micrometers.
- Ability to hold tight tolerances.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces while adhering to international standards.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to maintain raw material supply for the production line.
- Track daily production and job timekeeping with electronic scanners where applicable.
- Communicate clearly with shift supervisors as well as operators from other shifts.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be able to read different types of micrometers.
- Ability to run manual and CNC grinders.
- Must be able to hold tight tolerances.
- Pervious cylindrical grinding experience required.
- Physical ability to bend, twist, stand, and walk most of the shift as well as lift and transport equipment and materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Location: Mohnton, PA – USA
For questions regarding this position or to apply, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seakeeper, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seakeeper, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Seakeeper, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Seakeeper’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.