Seakeeper, world leader in marine stabilization, is seeking a Training Coordinator to schedule, plan, and organize domestic and international training events. These events include training seminars, OEM/Installer trainings, and factory technician training events. In addition to events, the Training Coordinator will also assist with equipment logistics and administrative support to the Technical Training Manager with all Training functions, internal and external.
Role and Responsibilities
- Book, negotiate, and contract hotel/conference space, room rates, catering, restaurant reservations, travel, and other as assigned.
- Coordinate shipping logistics and travel accommodations related to events.
- Create and distribute training event invitations, information packets, RSVPs, certificates, and other training materials.
- Manage storage, inventory, shipping, and logistics of Seakeeper’s training aides such as Seakeeper training stabilizers, individual components, and giveaway items for trainees.
- Enter data, expense reports, and purchase orders; follow up with customers; manage Knowledge Base; and other assigned tasks in NetSuite.
- Edit training documents and distribute to the service team, customers, web-site, or other as needed.
- Maintain database and spreadsheet of trained service centers, dealers, OEMs, installers, builders, and any other attendees.
- Monitor, track, and adhere to set event budgets. Monitor actual training expenses against approved budget and review variances with Training Manager.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling administrative projects and assigning personnel as directed.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage and organize Dropbox (or any other medium used for document and training program distribution) as needed.
- Provide internal support for Global Service & Training team as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a high school diploma and the ability to travel up to 30% of the time. 1-3 years related experience in event planning and/or project management is preferred. The ability to work some weekends and evenings is needed.
- This position requires a high level of project management and often involves managing several projects at once. The ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously is necessary. Candidate should have excellent project management, leadership, and collaboration skills. Superior time management, multitasking, and prioritization skills are required.
- Candidate must be flexible and able to maintain composure and a positive attitude in a stressful and ever-changing environment. A service mindset, friendly personality, and positive attitude are needed to succeed in this position.
- Candidates should be flexible, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be willing to take ownership of projects assigned to them. The ideal candidate can accurately assess and appropriately respond in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, responsive, and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid passport is not required, but is desired.
- The ability to read, write, and speak fluent English are required. Multi-lingual is preferred.
Location: California, MD – USA
For questions regarding this position or to apply, please email Human Resources at email@example.com.
Seakeeper, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seakeeper, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Seakeeper, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Seakeeper’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.