Role and Responsibilities
The Test Engineer will report directly to the New Product Development Manager. This position is intended for an engineer with a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background with strong testing experience.Testing responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Life Testing, Accelerated Life Testing, CE Certification Testing, Control Software Validation, Field Testing (in the ocean), Vibration/Sound Testing. Otherresponsibilities include:
- Collaborate within a team of product engineers with mechanical, electrical, and software specialties to continue innovating Seakeeper’s core technologies and deliver new products with challenging expectations in a timely manner
- Create, manage, and execute product test plans with the New Product Development team
- Design, build, or spec test apparatus as required
- Help troubleshoot and diagnose product design issues prior to launch
- Innovate on test procedures and help automate long-term testing to accelerate project timelines
- Post process data into intuitive formats to effectively communicate results with the engineering team
- Effectively document and catalogue collected data for future use
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualified candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering at an accredited institution and have 1-2 years of direct experience. New graduates may apply but must have a 3.0 GPA, strong lab testing experience, and applied engineering experience through internships or engineering clubs. MATLAB experience is required and Simulink experience is preferred. Candidates with strong knowledge of CAN communications and testing tools such as CANalyzer are preferred. Any experience with rotating equipment, especially sound or vibration testing, will be a benefit to the candidate.
Candidates must demonstrate strong communication and documentation skills. Experience with advanced charting tools or the ability to learn them quickly is required. They must be willing to take a leadership role with establishing test requirements and have the discipline to maintain both a high quality and detailed testing standard in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Mohnton, PA – USA
For questions regarding this position or to apply, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seakeeper, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seakeeper, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Seakeeper, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Seakeeper’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.